When it comes to definitive names in induction cooking, one of the names that keeps coming back is that of Nuwave induction cooktop. Not only is Nuwave synonymous with quality – it also comes with the tags of eco-friendly, safe, portable and affordable. That sure is a combination few can resist. Naturally, Nuwave cooktops are well in demand. And we thought we’ll bring you the best of the entire range.
And in our search for the same we came across the Nuwave PIC 2 – Precision Induction Cooktop 2
But the question is, why exactly would you go for this over so many other induction cooktops that are available in the market? Simply because it quite easily makes it to the top products list – and for these reasons:
- It is extremely energy efficient – consuming 70% less electricity than most induction cooking appliances.
- A breeze to clean since nothing sticks to the surface.
- This one is completely safe – you can even let your kids around it as long as you are there to supervise. How can we be so sure? Well, they actually assure you of the ice cube test – you can place an ice cube on the surface when it is on, and the cube won’t melt any more than it would when left outside – because the cooktop remains cool to the touch!
- Also safe since, as with all induction tops, there are no coils or exposed fire.
- A very versatile cooktop – there are 6 pre-programmed cook programs, and 52 programmable temperatures in the range of 100 degrees and 575 degrees Fahrenheit.
- And you know the best feature? It actually switches off automatically when you remove an induction-ready pan from the base!
And we aren’t the only ones praising this cooktop from Nuwave. According to most of the reviewers of this product at Amazon, this was actually a great buy! Check out for yourself:
- According to one customer – making boiled eggs is child’s play on this cooktop. While you can get the water to a roiling boil very easily, when you want to slowly add the egg to the water, you will naturally want to turn down the roiling boil. Since otherwise there is a chance of the egg cracking. But with this, you can very easily (with the click of a button) and very quickly, stop the roiling boil. In this way you can maintain the temperature – but without the disturbance that can cause a crack in the egg.
- As advertised, water comes to a roiling boil in 30% less time than on a conventional stove top. However, the great part is that, you can maintain the very hot boiling water very easily. Just turn down from the MAX/SEAR to the MED setting. The water is still boiling hot – but it doesn’t roil anymore. This can come in handy in a number of circumstances – besides boiling eggs, of course!
- It is quick cooking – so at the end of the day you end up saving on electricity and gas! For instance, as a customer put in, they cooked fried eggs in 2 and a half minutes. In fact, you can grill hot dogs and even ham burgers in the same amount of time. The figure may vary a little depending on how much doneness you want, but it is still quite a seriously economical option! As the same customer cited – they cooked veggies and shrimps in just about 5 minutes!
- Another little trick – if you ordered this from the actual products’ website then they were actually charging shipping on the item. But if you looked it up there and then choose to buy it from here – that is Amazon – you not only get a discount, but you also get FREE SHIPPING> Plus from time to time, Amazon offers free gift offers with it. And you can make the most of these if you keep your eyes on it.
- While one customer cited that it was bad that without human input the stove top wouldn’t come on for any pan put on it, if you think about it, this is a good thing. This is because if you have children in the house, they may accidentally put the pan back on. Under these conditions, if the stove came on by itself, then the food could burn or even worse can happen. But that isn’t a possibility! So it is safer…
So, impressed enough? This really is a great buy, and after checking out all the pros and cons, we actually strongly recommend this Nuwave induction cooktop. And the best part is that when you buy it from Amazon, you actually save quite a lot because Amazon gives you super discounted rates!
So check it out:
Incoming search terms:
- nuwave cookware (14)