Induction is a great way to cook – not only do you save gas, you also don’t run the risk of burning yourself since there is no open flame in the kitchen. Induction cooktops work by directly heating the cookware that you place on it. And this is actually also a great way to save energy – since only that much is being utilized as is needed. And these days most people go for induction cooktops in their kitchen. The most commonly used being the 2 burner induction cooktop, especially in small families where that is adequate.
And today we have brought you not one or two, but 4 such options – compare, consider and then pick the one you want to go for. So, let’s not waste anymore time and get straight down to these – we have listed them rating wise in descending order:
This is a model that actually fits right into your stone countertop – you just need to get the right sized rectangle cut out of it. The resultant look is truly stunning, as you can see. But besides looks, there are other things to this burner for you to note as well. Let’s take a look at a few of these:
- The top is ceramic glass, which means that it is super easy to keep clean and shining like new! And it doesn’t need any special cleaners either.
- Quite a powerful cooktop at 1800 watts, so that you can use it for pretty heavy duty cooking.
- There are buttons to switch between the 10 available heat levels on this cooktop.
- With the inset design, there is no need to clean up underneath the cooktop, since nothing can get underneath.
- It helps you to cook your food faster and cheaper than gas with this highly energy efficient unit.
So much for the attributes, now let’s take a look at performance – here’s what a satisfied customer had to say:
“I bought this to replace a horrible glass cook top that frankly was utter crap. It took 20 minutes to get warm, then incinerated whatever was in the pan. I have used single counter top induction burners before and love them, so when installing a new kitchen this was a no brainer. I have set it into my counter top and it looks really great. It works just as you would expect, heats your stainless pan in seconds, reacts just like gas and, like gas, when you turn it off there is very little residual heat. As a single person having just 2 burners is plenty for me, but a family might want to get a 3 or 4 burner. BTW, it plugs into a regular 110 outlet. Brilliant.”
As you can see from the review, this one is a clear winner, even compared to other induction cooktops. But yes, the price factor may be a bit of a problem – but not to worry – we do have 3 other options lined up for you. Till then though, if this seems like the one for you, then do check it out.
Now for something similar – this is the same cooktop now, just without the counter inset feature:
In terms of energy efficiency, this one is right up there with the first. And the slight difference in rating is possibly because more people who bought the first one left reviews for it! But overall, this is also a well-reviewed and majorly bought item on Amazon. So, what are the factors that set this one apart? Let’s take a look:
- This one comes with auto cookware sensors, so it turns off if there is no cookware. So no fear of overheating.
- It allows for gentle and uniform heating, so much so that you can melt chocolate on it, without a double boiler!
- It comes with timer as well as exact temperature setting functionality – so you have complete control over your cooking.
- Again, this is a cooktop that utilizes up to 1800 watts of energy.
- With two burners you may worry about wattage balancing, but the feature has been built in – so simultaneous cooking isn’t an issue.
That isn’t really all – but for more details on the product, we urge you to check out the listing on Amazon. But just to give you some more inducement, here is a review:
Saved our life during renovation
“I purchased this cooktop over a year ago on amazon, but for various reasons, never used it until recently. We are in the middle of a major renovation, and have had no range for a month. This cooktop has saved our lives. I have cooked every meal on it and really given it a workout….-Ann Riner
You can use this anywhere you have power, and it can be set to the exact temperature required in your recipe, i.e. 325; and, you have a timer up to 150 minutes so that you do not have to monitor cooking as often. Any pot which will hold a magnet will work with this cooktop – I happen to have inherited some wonderful cast iron cookware that is over 60 years old – every time I use them, I think lovingly of my grandmother… When you remove your pan, the unit automatically shuts off – lots of safety features.
It is easy to clean, a dream to use, keeps my kitchen cool, and would be a wonderful addition for anyone who does entertaining and wants extra serving/warming/cooking options. And, this baby will be wonderful for the holidays, giving you so many extra options when you really need them. As you can tell, I LOVE this double cooktop, and NO, I do not work for the company (glad amazon confirms regular customers who have actually purchased a reviewed item). Hope this helps other people thinking of induction.”
It could be of great service t you every day, just as it was to Ann at a time of great need. And all that without making your energy bills jump! So does this somewhat less expensive option appeal? Then do go and check this out on Amazon.
Now we are looking at a third option. This one is much less expensive, but also somewhat less efficient. However, if your pocket limits those options, then this isn’t such a bad buy too…
We say this one is somewhat less efficient because where the first two are said to save up to 90% in energy, this one can save up to 70%. In addition, here the burners are different. But it is still a good induction cooktop to have – safe and reliable in operation. To take a quick look:
- It also comes with the auto detection setting, so if there is no cookware for 30 seconds running, the cooktop shuts off.
- It has two burners, the right side for simmers or boils, whereas the left has a higher capacity.
- The right has 5 power levels: 200w, 300w, 400w, 500w, and 600w.
- The left side has 8 power levels: 200w, 300w, 450w, 600w, 750w, 900w, 1050w, and 1200w.
- You can keep both burners on at max power simultaneously too!
- Both burners have timer settings for up to 150 minutes.
In fact, even if it may not be everything the other two are – this one still delivers and is a crowd pleaser. Check out a review to confirm:
Excellent for cooking
“…i bought the Waring pro ICT200 Induction Cooktop. It is so great and clean and fast. I love it and i cook ever day now. Before i always used the microwave but now, as a single person, i cook for myself simple meals using my new Waring Pro. I save lots of money making simple means for myself with my Waring Pro. I am very satisfied with my new setup. and for people who need an additional burner for huge meals and parties, this is perfect.”-Mary P
So if you think this one is more up your alley, since you will not be needing two full power burners in the house and this fits your budget better, then go ahead and check it out on Amazon:
And finally for our fourth product. This one is reviewed a little lower, and is priced a little higher. But is nevertheless another really great induction burner combo to have in the house. And you may just decide on this one after all – check out for yourself!
This is one burner that comes with touch screen buttons. And yet again a safe set up. You may keep it on, but no heat will be transferred till the utensil goes on. A huge safety feature if you have kids in the cooking area. And of course, it does cut back on energy usage from your normal electric stove. Here’s taking a look into its features:
- It actually turns off 10 seconds after you move the utensil off, and reactivates the instant you put it back on. No 30 second delay here.
- Another sleek and easy to clean design that you can use and keep spic and span.
- Here the two burners are the same, unlike the last one.
- It has a temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It can use up to 1800 watts of power in all.
- It also has the same 150 minute timer setting.
Overall, this cooktop comes pretty close to the other three, and even though it is rated a little lower, in terms of customer satisfaction, it isn’t far behind at all:
Was unsure at first but am well pleased
“I had been looking at these on Amazon for a few months and finally decided to buy. My Wife was very hesitant but was willing to try it. We were amazed at how well it worked. I put a large pan with peanut oil in it, enough to fry french fries, and set it to 450…within 30 seconds you could see those distortions the oil makes at the bottom of the pan when it’s getting hot. We’ve used both electric and gas and usually when you put the frozen fries in the pan the oil “cools” and has to reheat somewhat….not with this item. The oil quickly recovered it’s temp.-Andy Schack
The reason I bought it was mainly to cut down on energy usage during summer. The AC normally has to battle it out with the stovetop, this item however greatly reduces the heat output which is exactly what I was looking for…
If you’re sitting on the fence about one of these like I was, go ahead and get one, you won’t regret it.”
So, as the reviewer said, don’t sit on the fence… Like this one? Then go and order it on Amazon. It is just as good a buy as any of the others!
So, those were our top choices for 2 burner induction cooktop options. Our sole aim being to help you make the right choice. So if you have reached a decision of sorts, do go and check out the rest of the details on Amazon so that you can go ahead and get the right one home soon!